If you’re using Endpoint Manager (Intune) to manage your device, doing Intune Company Portal Customization is important to provide a familiar and helpful experience for your users.
The Intune company portal is for users to enroll in devices and install apps. The portal will be on your user devices. You’ll want to customize it to increase your user trust before doing any actions in the portal.
In this post, we’ll show your how to do Intune Company Portal Customizations to reflect our company branding and gives our user more information to reach our helpdesk in case of problems.
Intune Company Portal Customization
This is the default Intune Company Portal customization that’s applied to all users and devices. At the end of the article we’ll show how to create different one for specific group or users.
- In the Endpoint Manager portal
- Click on Tenant administration / Customization
- Click on Edit just beside Settings at the top
- We will start by changing the logo and color. In the Edit Customization Policy window, we enter your Organization Name, color and Logo
- In the Support section, you can enter the support Helpdesk information of your organisation
- On a device this is what the Company Portal looks like with our changes. You can see the logo and color
- In the Configuration section, you can configure multiple customizations related to Device Enrollment, privacy options and device ownership notifications. We’ll explain these section :
- The Device enrollment section (1) is used for specifying if and how users should be prompted in the Company Portal to enroll their devices
- Available, with prompts: will prompt the user to enroll the device;
- Available, no prompts: will provide the option to enroll the device but will not prompt the user
- Unavailable: will not enable the user to enroll the device.
- In the Privacy customization section (2), you can configure privacy statements and messages that will be shown to the user via the Company Portal app.
- Privacy Statement URL: The privacy statement URL field is used for configuring the URL that links to the privacy statement of the organization. This will show in the App in the More menu
- Privacy message in Company Portal for iOS/iPadOS: Configure the private message that is shown in the Company Portal app on iOS/iPadOS devices. This is to inform the user about what the organization can and can’t see on the device of the user.
On an iOS device :
- In the Device ownership notification (3) section, you can select to Send a push notification to users when their device ownership type changes from personal to corporate (Android and iOS/iPadOS only)
- To show you how this works, I change my phone from Personal to Corporate
- One minute after the change, I’ve received the following notification on the phone
- In the App Source section, this allows end users to see both Configuration Manager and Intune deployed applications in the Company Portal for co-managed customers.
- You can hide or show Azure AD Enterprise applications and Office Online applications in the Company Portal for each end user.
- Show will cause the Company Portal to display the entire applications catalog from the chosen Microsoft service(s) assigned to the user.
- Azure AD Enterprise applications are registered and assigned via the Azure portal.
- Office Online applications are assigned using the licensing controls available in the M365 Admin Center.
- In the Hide Feature Section, you can allow users to perform self-service actions on devices in the Company Portal website and client apps
- This is what it looks like on a corporate device when the Remove and Reset option is not checked
Once all your modifications are completed, click on the Review + Save button at the bottom.
At the next policy cycle on your device, the Company Portal should show your customization.
Custom Intune Customization Policy
You can also create different branding options and deploy it on specific groups. This give granularity if you want to customize different options. If you’re familiar with SCCM, this is similar to Client Settings.
This type of policy overrides the default policy. If you assign more than one of these policies to a user, the user will get the first policy you created.
- In Tenant administration / Customization, scroll at the bottom completely and click Create to create a custom policy
- When you create a basic policy, the options are all the same as this post. Refer to the option describe above.
I hope this post has been helpful !