The PDF file is a 162 pages document that contains all informations to install and configure SCCM 2012 R2 or SCCM 1511 and later (Current Branch). Use our products page or use the button below to download it .
The System Health Validator Point validates Configuration Manager Network Access Protection (NAP) policies.
This is not a mandatory site system but you need a System Health Validator Point if you plan to use NAP evaluation in your software update deployments. This site system integrates with an existing NAP server in your infrastructure.
Site System Role Placement in Hierarchy
The System Health Validator Point is a hierarchy-wide option. It’s supported to install this role on a Central Administration site, stand-alone Primary site, child Primary site. It’s not supported to install it on a Seconday site. The System Health Validator Point must be installed on a NAP health policy server.
SCCM 2012 System Health Validator Point Installation
- Open the SCCM console
- Navigate to Administration / Site Configuration / Servers and Site System Roles
- Right click your Site System and click Add Site System Roles
- On the General tab, click Next
- On the Proxy tab, click Next
- On the Site System Role tab, select System Health Validator Point, click Next
- On the System Health Validator tab, click Next
- There are no properties to configure for this site system role
- On the Summary tab, review your settings, click Next and complete the wizard
Verification and Logs files
You can verify the installation in the following logs:
- ConfigMgrInstallationPath\Logs\SMSSHVSetup.log – Detailed System Health Validator Point installation status
Configure Client Settings
In order to enable Network Access Protection on your clients, you must configure your client settings :
- Open the SCCM console
- Browse to Administration / Client Settings
- Create a new client settings, select Network Access Protection on the left and choose Yes under Enable Network Access Protection on clients
- Select the desired NAP re-evaluation schedule and click Ok
In case you’re used to NAP in SCCM 2007 and looking for a Network Access Protection node in the console, the 2012 version of NAP is slightly different.
The New Policies Wizard is no longer available to create a NAP policy for software updates: The Network Access Protection node in the Configuration Manager console and the New Policies Wizard are no longer available in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. To create a NAP policy for software updates, you must select Enable NAP evaluation on the NAP Evaluation tab in software update properties.