Update informationGuide updated 2018/08/13
Software Update management is not the simplest SCCM tasks. Over the years, we trained many SCCM administrator using a simple approach and deployment strategy. We finally decided to create this complete SCCM Software Update Management Guide.
This guide is a best-practice guide on how to plan, configure, manage and deploy software updates with SCCM. This guide aims to help SCCM administrator understand the basic concept of each part of the patch management process. This guide does not explain how to setup your Software Update Point.
There are other ways of doing software update management in SCCM, this document describes a typical case that can be used in any organization as a good starting point. It’s impossible to cover every organization needs and requirements in a single guide.
SCCM Software Update Management Guide
The guide will help you achieve these tasks :
- Guide you toward a good deployment strategy
- Setup your SCCM environment correctly
- Create Collections
- Setup Maintenance Windows
- Create Software Update Groups
- Create Deployment Packages
- Excluding certain updates
- Create Searches to target specific updates
- Configure your clients’ settings
- Describe the monthly tasks that need to be done
- Create and setup Automatic Deployment Rules
- Add software updates to your Operating System Deployment
- Cleanup and operational best practice
- Which group policy needs to be configured
- How to monitor your deployments
The PDF file is a 50 pages document that contains all information to manage software updates with SCCM. Use our products page or use the button below to download it.
SCCM Patch Management Guide Document screenshots
Founder of System Center Dudes. Based in Montreal, Canada, Senior Microsoft SCCM Consultant, 5 times Enterprise Mobility MVP. Working in the industry since 1999. His specialization is designing, deploying and configuring SCCM, mass deployment of Windows operating systems, Office 365 and Intunes deployments.