Software Update management is not the simplest SCCM tasks. Over the years, we trained many SCCM administrator using a simple approach and deployment strategy. We finally decided to create this complete SCCM Software Update Management Guide.
This guide is a best-practice guide on how to plan, configure, manage and deploy software updates with SCCM. This guide aims to help SCCM administrator understand the basic concept of each part of the patch management process. This guide does not explain how to setup your Software Update Point.
There’s other ways of doing software update management in SCCM, this document describe a typical case that can be used in any organisation as a good starting point.
The guide will help you achieve theses tasks :
- Guide you toward a good deployment strategy
- Setup your SCCM environment correctly
- Create Collections
- Setup Maintenance Windows
- Create Software Update Groups
- Create Deployment Packages
- Excluding certain updates
- Create Searches to target specific updates
- Configure your clients settings
- Describe the monthly tasks that needs to be done
- Create and setup Automatic Deployment Rules
- Add software updates to your Operating System Deployment
- Cleanup and operational best practice
- Which group policy needs to be configured
- How to monitor your deployments
The PDF file is a 50 pages document that contains all information to manage software updates with SCCM. Use our products page or use the button below to download it.
SCCM Patch Management Guide Document screenshots