What if you want to give a console user the rights to only run reports ?
Microsoft doesn’t have include a report viewer role in SCCM.
You could grant access to the “Read-only Analyst” role which will be enough to run report but maybe you don’t want them to see all nodes.
Create a Report Viewer Role in SCCM
Here’s what to do to achieve this:
- SCCM Console / Administration / Security / Security Roles
- Right click on Read-only Analysts
- Select Copy
- Go throught each node and keep only Run Reports and Read to YES
- At the end, it should look like this
- Click OK and all you need to do is add your user to the role you just created
report viewer role in SCCM
Founder of System Center Dudes. Based in Montreal, Canada, Senior Microsoft SCCM Consultant, 5 times Enterprise Mobility MVP. Working in the industry since 1999. His specialization is designing, deploying and configuring SCCM, mass deployment of Windows operating systems, Office 365 and Intunes deployments.